Congratulations, you are finally engaged!
In a girl’s life, an engagement marks the next big chapter of her life. Apart from spending their entire lifetime with the husband to be, it also signals the beginning of new rituals to do to prepare herself for her big day.
A wedding is always something to look forward to and prepare for. As the bride and the woman of the hour, you must do your part in making sure you’ll look your best on your best day ever. Not sure where to start? We’re happy to help!
1. Start working out.About to get married or not, this one is quite a given. We work out not only to look our best, but also to get fit and stay healthy. However, since it is a wedding prep thing, working out this time should be done regularly. Don’t resort to just working out when the wedding comes closer, make it a hard habit. When done out of pressure, it will just tire you out. Who likes looking tired on their wedding pictures? A good workout is when you enjoy what you’re doing. That is where happiness comes from. Endorphins, anyone?
2. Eat healthier. We like to say go on a good diet, but a diet is never good enough if you starve yourself. You can sign up for meal plans. They can help you choose which food to skimp on and which to consume more so you’ll have glowing skin and a great bod to show off on your wedding dress. Prepare to lessen your intake of greasy food, like pizza and fries.
3. Get an appointment for a body scrub session. Of course, great skin is a must on your wedding day! Glowing skin sounds great to any bride, and to achieve it, go and splurge on a body scrub. You can even add body wraps and massage to take all the stress of wedding preparations away. This can be done weeks before the wedding, and just go on a regular spa day like a day before to look fresh and rested on the big event.
4. Sleep more. We know it is harder to sleep when you are anxious of all the wedding preparations. You got so much on your plate, hence the invention of the word ‘bridezilla’. It is possible to not turn into one, just make sure you take some time to rest when you can. A longer sleep will do the trick. When your mind is well-rested, you get to accomplish more than the usual. Plus, it will show on your skin. We do not like saggy eye bags on our wedding day.
5. Have a test run of your ideal makeup looks. And hair styles as well. You can go to your stylist and give her an idea of your ideal look for your wedding. You can have options to choose from and go from there. This will save you time on the big day itself. No more erasing makeup when you don’t approve of how it looks on you.
6. Go on an eyelash extension. If you’re not one of the few gifted with long, full lashes, fret not. You can go for falsies, or better yet, book for an eyelash extension. It will lend you a more romantic vibe, and always looks better in pictures.
7. Get an appointment in a waxing salon. Another one to do for your skin, and is also a great preparation for your honeymoon. Get your upper lips, legs, and bikini area waxed to make sure you look your best. You can also book for a laser hair removal if you have low pain tolerance.
Get these things done and prepare for the “ooh’s” and “ahh’s” you will get from your guests. Best wishes!